The Nursery has been at Southwater Infant Academy for nearly 6 years and is situated within the grounds of Southwater Infant Academy providing an excellent
stimulating evironment for your child to thrive in. We are able to care for children from 2 years, 9 months to 4 years old during term time. We pride ourselves on being a friendly and fun loving staff team who enhance your child’s learning and development through use of exciting and creative activities.We have an outside play area which is secure and safe, having easy access from the nursery. This creates a great facility for physical activity as well as mirroring inside play externally. We provide snack in the morning and afternoon where the children have a choice of fresh fruit, cheese, crackers etc and a drink – a choice of milk or water. We encourage a partnership relationship with parents and are very eager to share and extend experiences for the children from home into the Nursery and vice versa.
We look forward to meeting with you if you choose to come and look round our Pre School which we are very proud of and continually looking at ways of enhancing the child's experience whilst here.
Danielle and Team
Aims and Objectives
- To provide a safe, happy environment with the appropriate adult to child ratio in accordance to OFSTED all-day care standards for under 8’s.
- For Children to reach their full potential through activities with meaning and purpose encouraging individuality.
- To encourage parental/carer involvement by keeping them informed in their child’s progress, group plan and activities.
- To enhance the children’s confidence and self-esteem by praise and encouragement.
- To plan and provide a wide range of equipment and activities with appropriate adult interaction where the children can succeed.
- To follow child led play but to link this with a semi-structured term plan creating progression in the children’s learning abilities, linking their skills and understanding.
- To provide a well balanced curriculum, which will encourage the children to use their ideas and imagination to further their understanding of the world.
- To encourage the staff to update and further their training to ensure quality care for the children.
- To provide a Childcare Centre in which children are treated and respected equally regardless of gender, race, disability or religion.